Adopted by the CHC's Board of Directors on August 22, 1999
First and foremost, I follow the laws regarding falconry.
- I do not keep raptors unless I fly them free during the hunting season.
- If I no longer intend to fly a bird, I will transfer my bird to another code-following falconer; or I will release the bird only if it is actively proving itself in the field.
- I do not draw undue attention to my birds.
- I keep my birds, mews, and equipment in top condition.
- I do everything in my power to recover a lost bird, and to bring a sick raptor back to health.
- If I am training an "apprentice" falconer, I will only advance them to "general" falconer if they follow the code.